Welcome to the Mind of Q.
1. Run to The Hills by Iron Maiden. Click here to listen. It's perfect for the jammer that has to keep her feet under her for jam after jam after jam!
2. Get Back by Ludacris. Click here. In fact, I think that almost every Ludacris song lends itself to derby. You have Stand Up, Move Bitch and many many many others.
3. Bombs Over Baghdad by Outkast. Here to listen. How can this not get your feet moving?
4. Army of Me by Bjork. Listen This song reminds me that I'm not alone out on the track; I have an army of like-minded women out there who have my back!
5. N.W.O by Ministry*. Click here. Once again, this song gets my blood pumping and ready to fight through walls.
6. Dig by Mudvayne*. Here it is. This song gets me ready to hold the inside line, dig in, and keep the other jammer behind me.
7. F***ing Hostile by Pantera. Click here. Are you seeing a trend?
8. List of Demands by Saul Williams. Here. The line "I ain't afraid of you" is one I repeat to myself when I'm on the jammer line.
9. South Texas Death Ride by Union Underground*. Click here. This song has a heavy and slow groove to remind me to keep that pack slow when I'm blocking. Ok...it doesn't always work, but I try!
10. Go Green Ranger Song on the MMPR soundtrack. Click here for giggles. Yes, I'm serious. Sorry folks, but when I need to keep my feet moving, I think of this song. It makes me laugh and not take jamming so seriously. I mean, the Green Ranger was super hot and had the best zoid, so who wouldn't want to be just like him?
So there you have a little bit of my derby play list. I asked people to share their favorites on Facebook, and the following list is what was sent in to me. Enjoy! Expand your musical tastes! Please add your favorites in the comments.
Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden on repeat for the entire hour and fifteen in takes me to get to Greensboro. Everyone else in the car is totally pleased about it all the time, especially my 14-yr-old nephew, Theron Ass. (Alexandroid - GSORD)
I actually like chill music ... Amos Lee anything and maybe some Ray (LaMontagne)... helps me find my center and keep calm before the storm. -- Blonde Burgundy
KATY PERRY FIREWORK! Susie Millerlightnin Williams
Fuck Dem Other Hoes - Khia (Threatte Midler)
Maneater by Hall and Oates - Shush the Crush
I've got a feeling-black eyed peas. Best song to have in your head on the jammer line. --velvet assassin
Ion by Apocalyptica -- Paris Kills #69!
Hank Williams Jr.'s "I'd Love to Knock The Hell Out of You" Camo Rodeo
Push It by Salt n Pepa. Yeah, I go old skool. (Linear Accelerator)
Shipping up to Boston by Dropkick Murphy's-- Erin Go Brawl, #912
ALL OF THE SKRILLEX!! (Molly Flogger, Gotham)
Let Me Hear You Scream by Ozzy. :-) Twisted Armani
Walk by Pantera Swetin Bulletz #502 of The Rome Rollergirls
Terror-"keep your mouth shut" Shiv Tyler #13 REGULATORS
Ali in the Jungle by The Hours (Conspiracy Fury)
Hard in da Paint - Waka Flocka Flame (Risky Biscuit) and I change it to "Hard in da Tape" in my head for derby hehe
Every angry song on Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill. Ballista Blockheart
When the Levee Breaks," Led Zeppelin... this shouldn't be a shock... derby name is Levee BreaksHer. It centers me and gets me to focus on who I am as a skater.
Offspring (come out and play, original prankster, and pretty fly for a white guy,) and so many other artists and songs - Shadow Of Beth
Black Betty by ram jam JoyrydHer CraZzy
Social Distortion: Don't Drag Me Down. Violet Outlaw
Overcome - Terror Snuff Film Starlet
Thunderstruck, AC/DC Aurora Thunder
Crown on the Ground by Sleigh Bells. Grave Robyn
Grounds for Divorce, Elbow KG Bebe
|Music is the universal language. Mine just speaks a little rougher than most.|