|No derby soup for me this year.|
1. Stalk your Facebook buddies' statuses to live vicariously through them. This is a double edged sword because some of the posts are definitely going to bum you out, and some will make you excited you read them. Also, the coverage at ECDX sucks butt for cellphones, so you might have to wait until everyone gets back to the hotels to update profiles.
2. Watch the wftda.tv feed. I've been stalking their schedule page and I haven't seen a listing yet, but I know they're going to be broadcasting. At least I'll be able to watch derby this year without my feet going numb, or my back freezing up because I stayed in my one location for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT. I wasn't going to miss ANYTHING last year. You can always look for your friends on the feed. I had a bunch of people tagging me on Facebook "Hey Q! I see you!" from last year. That was kind of fun.
3. Do all of the cross training. I'm going to be doing my cross training while watching all the derby. The only bad thing about ECDX is you can't usually do your P90X while you're watching derby...not enough room!
|Good luck to the Hurticanes! Pictures by Ashley Cohen.|
5. Do "real life stuff." Ah yes, real life stuff is calling me. I have a house to clean, and laundry, and books to read. I also should call my non derby friends just to prove to them that I'm still alive.
6. Or you can sit and sulk. Let's face it, you're probably going to sulk a little bit. It sucks that you can't be there, so you might as well just own it. Sulk away! Save up for next year! I'm hoping to be there next year myself.